Apple iPhone 5S smartphone is a very good piece of device, one that has won the hearts of many iPhone fans but same can not be said for some people; see my experience below.
Recently, my iPhone 5S started showing me blue screen in the middle of playing a game or using an app. After showing this blue screen it will reboot and then come back to normal only to go into blue screen minutes later. This problem started after doing the OTA update to iOS 8.1.2 few days back.
In other to fix this, i decided to reload the iOS 8.1.2 on my iPhone 5S through iTunes. I was successfully able to reload the iOS however the problem persisted. Frustrated with this issue, i started doing some digging until I came a cross a permanent fix which I shall write down in the next paragraph.
How To Fix The iPhone 5S Blue Screen and Constant Rebooting
To fix this problem you will need to do the following:
1. Connect your iPhone 5S to your computer and launch iTunes
2. Download your iPhone 5S firmware from here; choose the firmware that applies to you.
3. Switch off your device completely by pressing the top bower button and swiping from left to right
4. Put the device in DFU mode. To do this, press the top power button + the home key button simultaneously for 10 secs, release the power button but keep holding the home button for another 15 secs. Once the phone is in DFU mode, iTunes will notify you that your phone was detected in recovery mode.
Note: You can always exit out of DFU mode anytime you like by holding power button + the home key button simultaneously for 10 secs and then release.
5. Once your iPhone 5S is in recovery mode, just click on OK from the dialogue box and then hold down the Shift Key button on your keyboard and then click the Restore iPhone button on iTunes.
6. A box will open up, select the iPhone 5S firmware you downloaded and let iTunes begin restoring your phone.
7. Once restoring is done, you can reload your saved data back and your iPhone 5S should behave properly without the Blue Screen issue popping up ever again.
If this guide worked for you, don't hesitate to drop your comments and if you have any problems, put them in the comment section and we shall help fixing it for you.